March 31, 2018
The Santa Catalina Volunteer Patrol (SCVP) is a volunteer "arm" of the
USFS that operates in the Santa Catalina Ranger District of the
Coronado National Forest in Southern Arizona.
In other words, this is the bulk of the Santa Catalina Mountains
north of Tucson.
It sometimes seems that SCVP stands for "Sabino Canyon Volunteer Patrol"
since that is where the bulk of the activity is, but SCVP people
patrol all over the mountain, or at least they can if they want to.
I became an SCVP patroller in early 2016.
Do this before you go out.
Log into the website, and the first big sentence that exhorts you to log your hours is
actually the link to do so (this has tripped me up, so I mention it here).
- FS shirt with volunteer patch, volunteer plate, and name plate
- Green pants or shorts
- Brown belt
- Dark socks, never white in any event.
- always a hat.
- sensibly colored undershirt is OK (mute and matching)
- jacket if mandated by the weather (green if possible)
- no logos or extraneous pins or decorations
- always identified as a volunteer
Have any comments? Questions?
Drop me a line!
Colorado Plateau Minerals / email@example.com