August 7, 2023
Raspberry Pi Pico - Other RP2040 boards
Is the Pico the only board with an RP2040 on it?
By no means!
One comment up front. None of these even come close to matching the bang for
the buck of the Pico for $4! Almost all offer something unique and different,
but none knock me over.
Here is a rundown, surprisingly provided by Adafruit and including boards by the
competition (maybe they are confident they offer better choices, and maybe they do).
A search on Amazon turns up all kinds of other choices.
In some cases these may just be "engineer-itis" where someone is designing a board
just because they can. Is anyone beating the $4 price for the Pico?
Just for the record, the standard Pico comes with 16MB of flash.
Many of the above have only 8MB. They almost all include a reset button
which is unfortunately absent from the genuine Pico.
- Adafruit Metro - $15 with arduino footprint and compatibility
- Adafruit Feather - $11 with Stemma connectors, lipo charger
- Adafruit QT Py - $10 with tiny size
- Adafruit ItsyBitsy - $10 - small with reset button
- Adafruit Trinke - $8 - Stemma on a USB key format
- Sparkfun Pro Micro - $11 - USB-C, reset button, Qwic
- Sparkfun Thing Plus - $20 - SD card
For $12 you get a little square board. Only 8 MB of flash, but you do get a reset button.
Have any comments? Questions?
Drop me a line!
Tom's electronics pages / firstname.lastname@example.org