December 4, 2019
SOML control room software - manual startup (linux version)
It is hoped that manual startup is seldom or never needed and that the
automatic startup script(s) are or become entirely reliable.
But here is what you do if you want to do it by hand.
First a quick checklist.
- Login as user pilot
- Bring up a terminal window.
- Check for background processes, kill as needed.
- Check for shared memory, remove as needed.
- Start the "oven" GUI for each computer to create and initialize shared memory.
- Start ovend in the background.
- Start ovene in the background. (for each computer)
- Start oven to run the oven GUI.
- Launch ximtool
- Use an xgterm to run ovenc