April 17, 2023
Everyone needs a will. They say 36 percent of people won't live to retirement age.
Being healthy equates to living longer. Exercise is the key.
More on this elsewhere.
Amateur wills are a lawyers delight.
You should gather the following information, go to a lawyer, and pay them to
prepare a will:
- Your full name and date of birth.
- Your address. Both residence and business.
- Your wifes maiden name and date of birth
- Your childrens names and ages (i.e. date of birth)
- Current market value of your home and amount of mortgage
- Approximate value of personal effects, library, real estate, investments, etc.
- Amount of your contribution to a pension plan and/or distributions from one.
- Name of your business (if you have one) value and type
- Details about life insurance
- Cash in the bank and any other assets
- What do you want done with your home?
- What do you want done wity your stuff?
- What do you want to provide for your wife?
- What do you want to give to charities and causes?
- To whom will your estate pass, and at what age?
- Person (or trust company) to act as sole executor.
- Any special funeral instructions.
- What will be done with your business (if you have one)?
- Name of guardian for any children under 21 if both you and wife depart (N/A)
- Name and address of your accountant (if any)
Have any comments? Questions?
Drop me a line!
Tom's Money pages / email@example.com