Everyone who has gotten serious about photomacrography has had
to squarely face the issue of vibration. Vibration becomes more
and more of a significant issue as higher and higher powers are used.
Here is a checklist of measures to take to eliminate vibration:
As someone has said, there are two kinds of tripods in the world,
lightweight ones and good ones. Serious photomacrographers
have all gone well beyond even good and heavy tripods.
- Use a heavy and well built support.
- Use the camera mirror lock up feature.
- Use a remote shutter release.
- Use flash with second curtain synch.
- Use electronic first shutter curtain.
- Turn off mechanical equipment (fans, air conditioners).
- Use elastic vibration isolating pads or layers.
Drop me a line!
Tom's Mineralogy Info / firstname.lastname@example.org