February 17, 2017
The Rigol DS1054Z Oscilloscope
This oscilloscope is amazing.
It is by far the best scope I have ever used, and I have used some nice
Tektronix scopes (from a previous era).
I bought mine lightly used off of Ebay for $340 (plus $20 shipping)
in July of 2016.
The 1052 is the 2 channel predecessor to the 1054.
The 12 tips are quite good, here is my summary:
- NEVER push Auto (it changes almost all the settings).
- Push the knobs (they are buttons) and learn what they do.
- Storage -- Default restores normal defaults
Go fetch the 1000Z manual, which covers this scope (281 page PDF) along
with its brothers and sisters.
Screen capture (to USB stick)
This saves as NewFile1.png -- and increments the number automatically.
You can try to use the painful keyboard, but it is far better to just let it
pick filenames, keep track of them, and rename them youself later.
The PNG "picture" captures are 800 by 480 images.
- Insert USB stick - usb symbol appears at lower right on screen
- Press run/stop to freeze waveform you want (so it lights up red)
- Press the "storage" button
- select a Storage "type" using top button (probably "picture")
note that pressing the intensity knob confirms choices
- select "PicType" using next button (PNG seems fine)
- Press Save, New File, OK
- Press the "storage" button to stop the whole business
Have any comments? Questions?
Drop me a line!
Tom's Auto repair pages / firstname.lastname@example.org